Thursday, March 15, 2012

Horribleness...

Yes, 1st of all I HAVE recorded the new show and am in the process of cutting it together now. So there!
2nd:  I felt moved to comment on a story that I read on rainews24.it last night. I didnt feel like translating it here for everyone so I have not replicated it here (that and I can no longer find it.)It was about 3 incidents in a single day of the sexual assault of several young people throughout Italy one of which the aggressor was met through Facebook (victim was 13 years old.)  (OK......I found it.   http://www.rainews24.rai.it/it/news.php?newsid=162612
I wanted to bring this up only because many people tend to think of this as being a problem primarily for those who live in big American cities.  It is a GLOBAL problem (especially in Europe where internet and cell phone use is more widespread) and ALL of us parents need to be aware of what are kids do online.  This was an attack and the 13 year old certainly didnt ask for nor deserve this BUT had the parents known about her Fbook doings it may not have happened.  I am sure that is what this poor child's parents would have us take from all of this. ( P.S. I love how 5 carabinieri squad cars descended upon the two adult attackers in the 2nd incident!)

Speaking of internet fouls, MY stalkers have racked up a huge number of page views and data "downloaded" from my site here. I should start releasing a weekly total complete with how much time had been spent here each week! (Again guys...I can see all of that.) Just know that it is indeed a favor that I have not forbidden them from seeing it (which is well within my rights as  I have to pay for every letter that reaches their eyeballs) but I am sincerely hoping that some of my genius will rub off.  It MUST be working as the visits have spiked considerably. Make sure to print it out fellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment